Saturday, March 1, 2014

Early Childhood Ireland: A farewell to Irene Gunning CEO

Left to right: Carmel Brennan, Marion Brennan, Margaret Carr, Wendy Lee, Teresa Heeney and in the front Irene Gunning


Personal News from Irene Gunning
Dear Member

I am writing to let you know that I am retiring as CEO of Early Childhood Ireland, effective from February 28th 2014 and to thank you for all your support and friendship.  Retiring is bitter sweet for me as I’ve been working in the organisation since 1996. I became a member in 1972 when I ran my own playgroup at home in Ballinteer, Dublin with six wonderful 3 year old children and I went on to work in a community playgroup and full day care, spanning 25 years. During this time I was also a tutor and I remained an active volunteer. All told I had a very good run and I enjoyed it all.

However, I know that Early Childhood Ireland is in safe hands as I hand over the role of CEO with confidence and warmth, to my colleague and our current Chief Operations Officer Teresa Heeney.

The one constant in this sector is change.  The real Ambassadors for Change are our members, early childhood care and education professionals up and down the country, supporting over 100,000 children and their families, and getting our youngest citizens and future leaders off to the best possible start.  I don’t know any other sector in Irish life that is more flexible, more courageous, more creative, and more dedicated than the people like you who make extraordinary things happen in preschools and day-care centres every day. 

I salute you...

Yours sincerely
Irene Gunning 

A farewell message to Irene Gunning, CEO Early Childhood Ireland


No comments: